- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
*My notes: I use 3 egg whites instead of the whole eggs, rice or soy milk instead of evaporated, and about 3/4 cup of sucanot instead of sugar. I also omit the nuts. Instead of butter, I use 1 Smart Balance stick, and I’ve also experimented w/ different dry cake mixes like Butter Pecan or Spice. They’re just as yummy! Lastly, I don’t usually serve it with ice cream or whipped cream b/c I just don’t usually have them in the house. It is photographed with a caramel praline swirl froyo however, and boy was that good! -